You can do it, but it's a bit of a hack. I've taken two approaches:

1. Have an extra column that's hidden where we add some special trickery or
2. Define the last column with some extra trickery.

Here is what I do for the trickery:

<t:parameter name="lastColumnNameCell">${row.lastColumnValue}
    <t:outputraw value="literal:&lt;/td>&lt;/tr>&lt;tr>&lt;td colspan='2'
class='contact'>" />${row.bonusColumn1}
    <t:outputraw value="literal:&lt;/td>&lt;td colspan='6' class='notes'>"
/>${row.bonusColumn2}
</t:parameter>

This is from an example with 8 columns and a second row with two columns.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com