Usually creating Tapestry components is easy but I've run in a
problem. I've kinda solved it but I'm wondering if I'm missing
something.

I'd like to create a component called DateRange which contains two
DateFields and takes a parameter of type Range which contains a
startDate and endDate. The solution seems easy just create a component
then put two datefields in it. The problem is you can't use label on
that because the DateRange does not implement Field. Fair enough just
implement Field.  I copied RadioGroup because it's seemed like a good
starting point. Now I wanted to use it in a BeanEditForm and ran into
another problem. If range is null I'd like to create it but there does
not seem to be an onPrepareForSubmit event. I've managed to work thru
that also but the whole result seems messy and I still have not really
figured out where to check that startDate < endDate.

Has anyone tried to create composite form components and if so what
are the secrets?

Thanks
Barry