Hi

@PageActivitationContext and @Persist are two ways to persist data across
requests. So they are mutually exclusive.

@PageActiviationContext adds the data as a context to the url while @Persist
saves it in session(or cookie). You should always prefer the former and avoid
the latter.

Regarding speed, there isn't be any substantial difference.

Can you share some code so we can see what you are trying to do.

BTW sorry for the wrong pointer, I have been using URL-rewriting a lot these
days :)

regards
Taha