I was thinking about that but I dont see it will fit in what I need.

Right now what I need is to somehow generate a link to the page that
"doesnt exist' since decodePageRenderRequest will make sure that that link
is processable.

To me at least this looks like a bug, why would a component throw an
exception when my implementation of PageRenderLinkTransformer would be able
to process the url?