On Tue, 28 May 2013 21:29:45 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kcola...@live.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Hi!

I am tearing thru the docs and mail list searching for

"when do properties bind" tapestry

Properties are bound when the page instance is instantiated. But what you're really asking is when property bindings are read. The answer is: when the field in which the binding is done is read.

Example: imagine a simple component:

public class TextComponent {

        @Parameter
        private String text;

        public setupRender() {
                System.out.println(text);

Then you use this component in a page or other component:

<t:textcomponent text="prop:myText>

public String getMyText() {
        return myText;
}

When rendering TextComponent, when the call to System.out.println(text) is done and the value of text is read, what actually happens is Tapestry invoking myText. In other words, Tapestry replaces field reads to invocations to the bound property getter and writes to invocations to the bound property setter.

When are these bindings performed? Their initial values are set to something other than null.

You haven't provided a stack trace (you you always should), but I guess your problem is not bindings, but bugs in your code.

By the way, you've posted template and code without really describing what the problem is.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo