Hi there,

   here is the CommitAfter freak again. I need this to be fixed asap. I
have all the code ready but the JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2159 is not moving.

I am very unpleased with the situation. Since its the same problem I had
2008 and it was not fixed and I did a rant back there too.

Lets recap the description of the @CommitAfter annotation:

>> Marks a method of a service (or a component method) as transactional:
the active transaction should
commit<http://tapestry.apache.org/current/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/hibernate/HibernateSessionManager.html#commit%28%29>after
invoking the method. Runtime exceptions will abort the transaction,
checked exceptions will *also commit* the transaction. <<

So please let us fix this once and for all.

I also have some code to protect others from doing some of the dangerous
stuff like using a session to store information in a read only mode
(FLUSH_NEVER, connection=readonly) and also I have @ReadOnlyTransaction and
@WriteTransaction to be used instead of @CommitAfter to be more strict. It
should not break the behavior of @CommitAfter (after it is fixed to the
behavior it was intended to do).

So please, give me a call and I will commit this and this issue is gone
once and for all. I cant stand Tapestry to be flawed this way.

Just give me a call and we get this done in a evening. I will do most of
the work so go ahead. This is free as in free.

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten)