I already have a Sonatype account and I'll probably put this into Maven
Central this weekend.  I think I'm going to add one of the Bootstrap
javascript implementations and write some test cases before I do that.

I'll also offer it up to be included in Tapestry. Since it's not at all
compatible with the current component perhaps it could be a module like
FileUpload.

I will make it work in BeanEditor. I have a 5.3 version that I use already
and it works in BeanEditor plus I use BeanEditForm almost exclusively. My
plan is to support Date/Calendar with a "Date" type format and Timestamp as
a "DateTime" format if the javascript component supports that.