If tapestry jar included bootstrap.less then perhaps it would then be easy
to massage into columns like this:

my.tml:

    <t:beaneditform class="myform-3-6" ...>

my.less:

    @import "tapestry5/bootstrap_3_0_0/css/bootstrap.less";

    .myform-3-6 {

        .form-horizontal;

    }

    .myform-3-6 .form-group .control-label {

        .col-sm-3;

    }

    .myform-3-6 .formgroup .form-control {

        .col-sm-6;