From: "Ben Titmarsh" <ben.titma...@hotmail.co.uk>
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:16:53 PM
Subject: Strategy for Ajax + Expired Session

Hi Guys,

This is a problem I've been grappling with for a while now. My app is very Ajax
intensive and relies heavily on server side state. Problems arise, that are not
specific to Tapestry of course, when the session expires, the client state
becomes stale then the browser makes an XHR request.

I started out by using Lenny's Flowlogix Library and specifically the @AJAX
annotation, which is great by the way.

http://code.google.com/p/flowlogix/wiki/TLAJAXAnnotation

Now this is probably not a good reason and feel free to shoot me down for it,
but whenever I develop a new Ajax-enabled feature I never remember to use that
damn annotation! The answer is probably just "use the annotation" but I'd like
to know what other approaches people have used...

How about a XhrStaleSession request filter?

Should I be pushing my state on to the client?

Interested in your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ben.