Hi Ben,

Have you tried using Tapestry's client persistence? I'm not up to speed
with how well it works now.

A slightly more significant departure might be to start replacing your
pages and components with stateless rest endpoints using Tynamo's
tapestry-resteasy, a piece at a time. We've done this with a couple of our
components, moving them into angularjs.

I'd also suggest that trying to stop users opening multiple tabs for
internal links (e.g. target="_blank") might alleviate the multiple tab
problem a little in the short term.

Cheers,

Luke