Lance Java wrote:
> I'm not sure how you have assumed that tapestry knows how understand a
> "format:" binding prefix. Certainly none of the tapestry documentation
> mentions it?

I was trying to extrapolate from this:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToFormatDateTimeEtc

Really, I wasn't hopeful it would work so much as provide an example for what
I'm trying to accomplish.

> The simple solution is to provide a getter for the formatted date String.

This is the exact thing I am trying to avoid. Our development team has dozens
of formatted strings scattered through Java and every time a design change
requires a small formatting alteration we have to rebuild the application.

I am not a tapestry expert, but I'm trying to steer our team away from
embedding style and formatting in Java code and instead make it easily
customisable in the tml files. In Rails, I'd do this no matter whether this was
in an element or attribute:

<%= someDate.strftime("%m/%d/%Y") %>

In Spring/jstl I think there is <fmt:formatDate>.

Cheers
Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis