We are using Tynamo's RESTEasy integration with various js libraries,
including ExtJs.  We deploy it as a single war, however our build is a bit
more complicated since our main codebase is more of a skeleton, and we use
War overlays for specific implementations.  In the end it's all one war
with all our html and js front end code living under the webapps directory.
 It can make testing front end code a little tricky.