If it were me, I'd probably try to generate this rather than manually
reading / wiring from a database.

A quick way to do that would be by contributing a request filter. This
could possibly return a file from the classpath when
request.getUri().equals("/sitemap.xml")

Another option is to create a tapestry page for the sitemap, possibly
returning textstreamresponse from onActivate. You'd need a bit of wiring to
route sitemap.xml to the tapestry page since the URL contains a '.'