On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:04:56 -0300, Shahid <sshaikh1...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Sorry about the confusion and I appreciate your feedback .
I would like to invoke the external URL as part of the onSubmit event. So before the form is submitted .

You're still confused here. The Tapestry submit event is triggered by the web server receiving the form submission, so you do *not* want to invoke the external URL as part of the Tapestry submit event. You want to do stuff *before* the form submission, so before the Tapestry submit event.

So was looking for a way using AJAX and JavaScript to do it.

So you're asking in the wrong place. This is a Tapestry mailing list and your question isn't Tapestry-related. It's a pure JavaScript question.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br