Hi all,

I've seen a lot of people claiming that one should use Sysdeo plugin to
work with Tomcat under eclipse/Maven for T5 development, and that the
standard WTP plugin should be avoided, because it is supposedly buggy and
slow.
I've been using WTP plugin for years with other frameworks (including T4),
and I have no problem at all using it for T5 web apps, as long as it is
properly configured. I have live class reloading working, Maven
dependencies picked up just fine, and no Tomcat restarts (and no devloader
to configure).

I f anyone is interested, here is my configuration (using Tomcat 8 and
latest Eclipse Luna, but should also work with older versions) :
- plugins: WTP, m2e, m2e-wtp (but they all come with the Eclipse for JEE
build)
- Server configuration: serve modules without publishing, auto-reload
disabled by default
- Dismiss any hot deploy alerts (click do not warn again if hot deploy
fails - hot deploy does fail but LCR doesn't)

Christian