Three years ago, I packaged up a little library to make Apache HttpClient
4.x to work with GAE and it's been working fine since. Today, I'm trying to
upgrade tynamo-federatedaccounts for T5.4 compatibility and the world has
moved on. I've used other cloud platforms since then so I don't have
up-to-date knowledge on GAE but I got a confirmation that plain T5.4 works
with the current versions of GAE. I'd like to know if the later versions of
HttpClient (like 4.3.x) work with GAE without modifications or not. I'd be
very happy to get rid of the extra compatibility library if it's not needed
anymore.

Kalle