Kalle,

Thank you so much for the quick reply, based on which we have done the
following:

1. We surveyed several Tapestry sites (including the hotelbooking demo app)
and confirmed that leaving the cookie after session invalidation is
expected.
2. We then double confirmed that the leftover cookie is indeed the cause of
server-side exception reporting -- as soon as the cookie is manually
removed or re-issued by the server (as the result of a persistent page
field, etc.), the server stops complaining.
3. We then decided that the issue was with the client's server environment,
which ran Jetty 6, and confirmed with the client that it was an arbitrary
choice.  They provided a new Jetty 9 environment, under which we deployed
the application, and the exceptions went away!

So all is good! Thanks Kalle.

Best,

Harry

--