Hi Charles,

We generally don't use any kind of special integration with our
Tapestry+Cayenne applications here.  A couple general scenarios are:

1. Your application is session-heavy (ours are).  In this case you store
your Cayenne objects in your session objects (page/component-based or
global) and reference them from your Tapestry pages/classes/components.
This can be a single Cayenne object or a List of Cayenne objects.  For
Lists, you use the index when the user clicks on one to select it:
myListOfCayenneObjects.get(index).  Typically, myListOfCayenneObjects would
come from a dataContext.performQuery().

2. Your application is session-light and you use the Cayenne ID (in the
URL) to restore your Cayenne objects between requests.  If security is a
concern, you need to build in some additional access controls or perhaps
encrypt the Cayenne ID when you generate links and decrypt on your next
request.  This can work well with onActivate/onPassivate, for example.

If you have more Cayenne-specific questions, you can ask on the Cayenne
User list, too (we are Tapestry-friendly there).

mrg