So I figured out how to change the 60sec,
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.OMIT_EXPIRATION_CACHE_CONTROL_HEADER,
"max-age=
2419200,must-revalidate");

OMIT_EXPIRATION is a bit misleading as I thought it meant to remove
the expiration dates.

Now I just need to figure out how to ad expiration dates to the other
core css style sheets

(no expires)
http://localhost:8080/etss/assets/meta/z64038ad2/tapestry5/tapestry.css
(no expires)