It's pretty easy. Don't build component event requests but just send
REST(-like) requests that are either processed by plain Tapestry pages and
its EventContext. If you are building a more comprehensive spa then
consider pairing the client with JAX-WS resource backend (i.e.
http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-resteasy+guide/ for T5). Incidentally, I've
been working with spas lately as well, and moved from AngularJS to Ember.

Kalle