My feeling is that it's for SSL/HTTPS set up in Jetty/Tomcat etc  (no proxy in
front needed) use:

    public void contributeMetaDataLocator(MappedConfiguration<String, String>
configuration) {
        configuration.add(MetaDataConstants.SECURE_PAGE, "true");
    }

-- or secure pages with annotation:

@Secure

-- or folders with:

public void contributeMetaDataLocator(MappedConfiguration<String,String>
configuration)
{
    configuration.add("admin:" + MetaDataConstants.SECURE_PAGE, "true");
}

If behind a TLS termination proxy use:
tapestry.security-enabled= false

The latter seems most intuitive also, because pages are unsecured in the
tapestry application/servlet. The TLS termination proxy takes care of the
security.