Hello I'm facing a new project from scratch where i have the desired look
and feel of the clint pages, done with html 5,  js, bootstrap and jquery.
They work as a simple page webapp.

Which is the best option... integration at the front end or at the backend?

I began doing a web app as i always did,  using tapestry as the web
framework, and spring as the model framework, which offers  the model
services that i inject in tapestry pages. But i'm realizing that creating
the html code from tapestry templates and making it work is not easy.

How is the approach of use tapestry just to offer web services to the
frontend? In this case tapestry just serves json objects? Then you dont
need tapestry components and other features for anything , do you? I dont
see the point of using tapestry in this case.

And using tapestry pages instead of web services? Pages here are for
nothing but to hold the event listener method that do the job by calling
the model service, arent they?

I dont see why to use tapestry as the web framework in this cases, as you
just use it as a middleware to call model services. You dont use pages,
components, zones, etc.

Anyway what do you think is better, using tapestry generating the required
front end code? Or using tapestry just to offer the services to the front
end ? (either by web services or by page listeners).

Which approach do you prefer?