Hi there, Richard.

I created securityrequestfilter that reads header for auth token and
autorize/or not. Than it pass request to other filters.
Some part of code for example:

public class SecurityRequestFilter implements HttpServletRequestFilter
{

@Inject
private SecurityService securityService;

@Override
public boolean service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response, HttpServletRequestHandler handler) throws IOException
{
    if (request.getHeader("Authorization") != null)
        login(request.getHeader("Authorization"));
    else
        slog.info("Anonymous request detected.");
    return handler.service(request, response);

}

As for application module(Main tapestry configuration class):

@Contribute(HttpServletRequestHandler.class)
public static void
httpServletRequestHandler(OrderedConfiguration<HttpServletRequestFilter>
configuration,

@InjectService("ServletRequestFilter")

HttpServletRequestFilter servletRequestFilter,
@InjectService("SecurityRequestFilter") HttpServletRequestFilter
securityRequestFilter)
{
    configuration.add("SecurityRequestFilter", securityRequestFilter,
"after:SecurityConfiguration", "before:ResteasyRequestFilter");
    configuration.add("ServletRequestFilter", servletRequestFilter,
"after:ResteasyRequestFilter", "before:GZIP");
}

I can't say that a right thing to do. But my way works fine to use
tapestry-security with tapestry-resteasy.

Good luck.