Just realized my reply doesn't goes through the mailing list, reposted
here.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry If I'm not clear enough with my question.

Lets say I have a hashtag entity that i stored in the database and managed
by HashtagDAO (a tapestry service).  And then i have a TwitterParserService
that check if a tweet contain a hashtag that i saved in the database. The
problem, if someone add or changed the hashtag in the database i want the
TwitterParserService to immediately know about the change and check the
tweet using the new hashtags.

In j2se it will be a straight forward pub-sub/observer pattern. Just create
an interface for the listener, let the TwitterParserService implement it
and set as the default listener, and invoke it from HashtagDAO. But i don't
think it would work with tapestry services class.

I could do some kind of pooling mechanism. But i think a pub-sub mechanism
would be better. Using Rabbit MQ or JMS feels like an over engineer
solution for this simple case.

Thanks.