Sorry, I don’t have the time to recreate your problem, and there is some stuff
missing, such as the instantiation of the encoder, but this working example may
help:

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/select/easyobject
<http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/select/easyobject>

Also note that if your Form can be submitted then you should replace
setupRender with onPrepare, or perhaps 2 methods: onPrepareForRender and
onPrepareForSubmit.

Geoff