Hi Guys, thank you for both answers, which were useful.

In case anyone else runs into similar issue and finds this thread in the
archives, I'll note that I ended up needing to replace the maven-jetty-plugin
in the pom.xml with the jetty-maven-plugin (much newer version), configured as
shown by Svein, but I also added:

    <systemProperties>

      <systemProperty>

        <name>tapestry.execution-mode</name>

        <value>development</value>

      </systemProperty>

    </systemProperties>

to match the old plugin configuration.  Finally, I needed to run "mvn
jetty:run" with sudo on my mac, otherwise it failed to bind to port 80,
although I'm exploring another way to do it with
https://github.com/Castaglia/MacOSX-authbind.

Sincerely,

Joshua Richardson

Email:   jricjrpub...@outlook.com