Dear all,

after migrating to tapestry 5.4.3 it is not possible anymore, to use inlines scripts in tml files.

In principle I understood the idea and usgage of requirejs, but I'm confused, because they seem to be several ways to achieve certain goals for individual solutions.

So I try to give a concrete example to illustrate my problems during restructuring our inline scripts wiith requirejs. As precondition I would like to say, that I set the javascipt infrastucture provider in Tapestry to "jquery".

Currently we have these two kind of scripting in our Tapestry 5.3.8 project (I show them only because of the use of the aliases):

if ( jQuery( "#searchFilterSelector" ).length ) {
  jQuery("#deleteSearchFilter").show();
} else {
 jQuery("#deleteSearchFilter").hide();
}

(function($) {
 $('#finderSearchBtn').click(function() {
    showLoadingIndicator();
  });
})(jQuery);

1. question: what if my scripts need jquery or jqueryui? Do I have to put a jquery.js and jqueryui.js in my own poject or can I use the one of Tapestry 5.4.3? 2, question: If I can use the jquery libs of Tapestry, how do I have to make them known to my appkication? Must I put them in requirejs.config section and how (because they are in the Tapestry libs, not in the path of may appliaction) 3. question: Do I have to reqrite the above inline scripts and make use of another jquery alias? 4. question: How to process with already existing "browser global scripts"? I read about the shim config framework as part of requirejs, but it seems, that no scripts using define calls and such ones defined via shim can be used together in one appliaction, or am I wrong?

I would appreciate, if you can give me an example how to make old scripst work again under Tapestry 5.4.3

Thanks for your support!

Regards, Erich