Heya all,

I’m in a similar situation. I started my first Tapestry project 14 months ago
and did a pretty sophisticated research in advance. I haven’t regretted it yet,
and the only worries I had, were about new Java releases compatibility. But
this is something that is already in progress as far as I know (as a side note:
Do anybody know the status of this?). I also love how Tapestry handles things
with its convention first approach. It’s a very mature framework, so of course
it took a little bit of time to understand how all the components work
together, but once you grasp it, you gain a massive productivity increase.
We’re just a small team, so this is very important. I don’t care about the
framework as much, as I care about fast releases (that’s what frameworks are
for in the end).

Tapestry just fits perfectly into this mentality.

I guess there are coders who always jump on the new hype train. They buy the
new hyped out hammer that’s just a little bit more shiny than the previous one.
Everything looks to them like nails in the end. And then there are engineers
who choose the right tools for the job without prejudices.

I want to thank the current Tapestry core team for their work.

Best,
Rafael