I completely agree. We would like to move to bootstrap 4 and improve our integration with Kendo UI in the process.

We also need to upgrade bootstrap 3 to the latest version since there have been issues that cause it to show up as a XSS risk on application vulnerability scans. Just yesterday bootstrap 3.4.1 was released to address CVE-2019-8331.

We would be happy to participate in the development and testing of this feature. We are actively developing hybrid applications on Tapestry and would be able to test and provide feedback.