Hi everyone,

I’m trying to learn Tapestry but I’m having trouble configuring my ide for the
task. Specifically I can’t seem to make Live Class Reloading work in
IntelliJ-IDEA.

I’m following the instructions of the Tapestry Tutorial. The Quickstart app
runs fine but no LCR happens. I’m just changing a string in the java file to
see it updated on the page, but it never changes.

If I try the same thing in eclipse it works right away. I’ve tried the build,
rebuild and recompile options given by the IDE but neither of them have any
effect.

The only operation that seems to trigger the reload is invoking a full maven
compile.

Is there a way to simplify this or at least automate the invocation of the goal?

Am I missing something obvious? I searched the mailing list for similar issues
and only found an old thread from 2018 named "Jetty not reloading” that seems
to apply. As a workaround it proposes to just ctrl+s and ctrl+9 (and I assume
keyboard shortcuts have changed since then because ctrl+9 these days opens the
git window).

Thank you in advance,
Riccardo De Menna