On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 3:16 AM Chris Poulsen <mailingl...@nesluop.dk> wrote:

> > It would help a lot to have an example of class hierarchy not being
> handled
> well. I'll definitely use it.
>
> OK, I'll try to find some time to see if I can create a minimal example

Much appreciated!

> > Regarding service classes, field injection is indeed supported
>

> I think both cases that caused these issues was related to (field)
> injecting an Asset (an icon or similar) and the error was something about
> RequestGlobals being null, IIRC

This makes sense. RequestGlobals only has its request and response
properties set in web threads (i.e. requests), so, when the service is
instantiated in a non-web-thread, you get an NPE for trying to use a null
request or response object. Another reason for using constructor injection.
:)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo