Fra: Dola Woolfe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 14. oktober 2005 03:11
Til: Tomcat Users List
Emne: Re: Help figuring out Virtual Hosts

Hi,

Getting back to this on a delay because:

I just can't figure it out!!!

This is probably because I'm dumb, but it's just too
complicated for me. Can someone please provide an
example that would illustrate how to do this?

All I want is for the user to be able to enter
"serverA" in his/her browser and be forwarded to
"http://server/appA/index.jsp"; and the enter "serverB"
and be forwarded to "http://server/appB/index.jsp";. I
keep hoping that this would be as simple as it was for
Apache, but apparently it is not.

I'm not proud of my ignorance, but I don't know what
is Engine vs. Container vs Context etc. It seems that
for a semi-involved JSP project one now needs to have
a JSP programmer and a Tomcat administrator. (This
didn't use to be the case.)

Like I mentioned, an example would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Dola

--- Jilles van Gurp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html

> "One or more Host elements are nested inside an
> Engine element. Inside
> the Host element, you can nest Context elements for
> the web applications
> associated with this virtual host. Exactly one of
> the Hosts associated
> with each Engine MUST have a name matching the
> defaultHost attribute of
> that Engine."
>
> You give each application its own host and it should
> work fine. You can
> also use alias tags inside a host tag if you want an
> application to be
> available for multiple hosts.
>
> Jilles
>

> Dola Woolfe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've certainly RTFM'd and had thoroughly read

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Host%20
Name%20Aliases