If the browser supports it you would send the whole page in one multipart response a bit like a mail message.

Here's one way to do it:
So, you'd have to buffer the response. Then create a javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart and add BodyParts (javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart) for the html and each of the images. For each image link in the html you'll have to change it for the Content-Id of the corresponding image MimeBodyPart.

For example (IIRC):
For an image blah.gif with a Content-Id of piccy1 replace the contents of the src attribute of the image tag in the html with "cid:piccy1"

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2111.txt

javax.mail.Multipart has a handy writeTo(...) method so you can splurge the entire thing down the response outputstream.

HTH and intrigued to see if any browser supports it,

Jon

ALEX HYDE wrote:
Hi David,

I guess I meant that I wanted to write part of a page,
and then write the image straight othe stream, then
some more of the page, and then another image direct
to the stream, and then....

I am not sure of the syntax?

--- David Delbecq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well am not sure of what you mean, and am not sure
browser accept multi-part response that way, but i
dont know
http protocol enough. Could you provide an example
http
response you would like to get??

Anyway, struts in itself is not extensible that way.

ALEX HYDE a écrit :

Cheers. I think I wanted to know how and if there

was

a good way of incororating mulitpart response into

framewrok like struts?
Let's say I have a page with a number of src tags
embeded in it, and I don't want the browser to have

pull in each image individually, how could I write
them all out to a single response and still stay
within a tidy framework like Struts?

--- David Delbecq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you want to alter the response of a servlet

(like

struts servlet), a
ServletFilter is
a good choice.

ALEX HYDE a écrit :

Hi All,

This is probably not strictly a Tomcat question

so

apologies.
If I am using Struts, how can I filter the output

so

that I convert it into a multipart response?

Using

filter probably! But I'm not sure how. For

example,

how could I send all my embedded images and the
response in one mulit-part response?

Thanks alot

Alex

Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC

calling worldwide with voicemail
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For additional commands, e-mail:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your

holiday
snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

___________________________________________________________ To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com