Carsten Schiller wrote:
Hello!

We are trying to implement a login/security environment using Tomcat 5.5's JAASRealm and Struts as a MVC-Framework. After Login ,which fails with error "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested ressource has been denied", we can navigate manually to our output.jsp and use ... <%= request.getUserPrincipal %> , ... <%= request.isUserInRole("administrator") %> ...
<logic:present role="administrator">
Admin present!
</logic:present>

These return correct username, (true) for isUserInRole, and the logic tag also works... BUT Our problem is: We protected *.do in our web.xml to be only accessible by users in role "administrator", which fails as described above. Why does the login fail, but we still get a valid Subject with Principals, and can access the roles on the output.jsp? We are stuck now for over a week, reading tutorials, asking google, but with no success... Any Ideas would be appreciated!

Hi,

I think resources that does not require authentication, like your
output.jsp, should return null from request.getUserPrincipal().

But what kind of JAAS loginmodule you have? Does that login module
work correctly?

- Jukka -