-LOL :)
 Do not malign RAD. It is a very good tool.
 It was usage error. THere is an option in RAD workspace for specifying
which verion of Servelt you want to create. I was igonoring it. Once I chose
2.2 everythign worked fine.
 AS far as Tomcat is concenred, I am just a beginner with using these tools.
I am still figuring out my ways with the Web Technology. All I know is
the 2.2 version of servlet works fine with Tomcat 5.5 and the 2.4 version of
servlet does not work with my installation of tomcat 5.5. There might be
some additional configuration in the setup that is missing in my
installation of tomcat or my ear file ( web.xml).
 Thanks !