From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:48 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: RE: ASKING AGAIN: problem in getting database connection from
rem ote machine using JNDI

I dont know if it is required, but do you have a resource-ref
entry in your web.xml, something like this?

<resource-ref>
 <description>mySQL Datasource</description>
 <res-ref-name>jdbc/myAPP</res-ref-name>
 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

where res-ref-name has to be the same as in context.xml.

And perhaps your look-up-name might not be correct, but I am
not sure because I am using PostrgreSQL databse.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-h
owto.html
might help you out.