..but it seems  tomcat/bin/startup.sh was executed.
How can I get around this problem? any help

Byfour

--- Richard Leotard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's because you tomcat server is not startes I
> think
> richard
>

> marju jalloh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 31/10/2005 15:01
> Veuillez répondre à "Tomcat Users List"
>
>         Pour :  Tomcat Users List
> <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>         cc :    (ccc : Richard
> Leotard/Dev_middle/Paris/Exane)
>         Objet : unale to stop Tomcat-4.1.27
> *** Ce message vous a été émis sur Internet par

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> / Message sent through Internet by

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ***
>

> Hello
>
> Can someone lease help.I`m using tomcat-4.1.27.When
> starten its gives all indication of clean start
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /etc/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /etc/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /etc/tomcat4/temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/
> testing with http://localhost:8080, I got Using
> Connection refused error. when I stop tomcat I got
> this error
>  ./shutdown.sh
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /etc/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /etc/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /etc/tomcat4/temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/
> Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
> refused
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
> Method)
>         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>         at

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>         at

java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:457)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:365)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:178)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:581)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>         at

>         at

>         at
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)