Hi. I have a simple question. May I know how to ommit 8080 or any port
number from the address bar?

I read from some website that "8080" is the default port running Tomcat
on and if there's no other web server running on the server, then can
change the port to "80" in the file "conf/server.xml" of the Tomcat
installation and ommit the port specifiaction in the URL.

On the server, I have both IIS 5.1 and tomcat 5.0.
With both running respective application, is it possible to remove the
port number for calling tomcat application? May I have some confirmation
on this?

thank you in advance.

regards,
zl