Peter Menzel wrote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context reloadable="true"
         crossContext="false"
docBase="D:\dev\projects11\maven-tomcat-plugin\tests\devContext\target\devContext">
</Context>

The watched resource seems to be ignored. If I modify the web.xml tomcat doesn't reload the webapp. If any other resources are modified (classes or the context.xml) then tomcat behaves as expected and the webapp is reloaded. I have confirmed this by enabling debug logging for org.apache.catalina

I have the following context.xml to configure a web application

You have to use the full path D:\... in the WatchedReource Element, then it works.

That doesn't make much sense inside the <Context> and the description implies the file has to be inside the web-app so relative paths would have an obvious meaning.

--
Darryl L. Miles