To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [HELP] I couldn't connect to Tomcat which is on another PC!

Here are a couple of things to try:

a) are you sure that Tomcat is actually serving up pages at all? - try opening a webpage in a browser on PC1, like this:
http://localhost:8080/manager.html

This should call up the Manager page (actually it should prompt you for a user name & password first); if it does either of these then Tomcat is running on PC1;

b) If it is, then is the Windows XP Firewall blocking the pages on PC2? Check the settings;

c) You might also want to put PC1 in the 'Trusted Zone' in your browser on PC2;

d) when you ping PC1 from PC2, how are you entering the name? Are you entering 'ping PC1' ? Or are you entering the IP address?

e) in fact that's another thing try: from PC2, enter the IP address of PC1, ie 'http://192.168.0.1:8080' (but use the actual address for PC1, of course) in the browser on PC2. If that works, but http://PC1:8080 doesn't, then the problem is name or address resolution, not a Tomcat problem.

Hope all this helps.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pham Anh Tuan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:02 AM

Hi all,

I got a problem with Tomcat 5.0.28 and I hope that all you will help me to solve this problem.

So, I have a Tomcat 5.0.28 which is installed on 1 PC called PC1 (WindowsXP), so, I have another PC called PC2, I try to connect to the PC1 which have a Tomcat server above, but I couldn't do that :(

I ping PC1, PC2, they see each other.

I turn on Tomcat on PC1, try to connect from PC2: http://pc1:8080/ but ... I couldn't :(

Plz help me :(

thank you for ur reading! :(