Sandeep G R wrote:
Hi,
I have Tomcat 5.0 running on HP-UX. Under /.java/.userPrefs directory, a
directory with special characters *_!':!bw"t!#4!a!"w!#4!bw"2* is created. I
suspect Tomcat is creating this dir. Does anyone have information whether
this directory is created by Tomcat?

Thanks,
Sandeep

It is not created explicitly. The files Tomcat does create, are always inthe Tomcat install directory. It might be a side-effect of the JVM or one of the libs we use but it isn't something I have seen before.

Mark