Praveen wrote:
Hi - Iam trying to deploy multiple .war files on a
single tomcat instance, but was wondering if theres a
way in tomcat, to use the domain name and pick up the
corresponding war file. For eg: I have two war files sample1.war and
sample2.war deployed on a single tomcat instance, and
lets say I have DNS entries sample1.com and
sample2.com to point to this particular instance of
the tomcat server, now when I hit sample1.com, how can
I configure tomcat to pick sample1.war and similarly
for sample2.

Right now in order to hit sample1.war, I type in my
URL "localhost:8080/sample1".

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

This looks like a case for having an Apache HTTPD server in front of tomcat. The mod_rewrite httpd module can do this I expect.

Regards,

Simon