Something strange happened to my tomcat yesterday:

I have two webApps which use some shared jars that i put in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib

Yesterday i decided to remove the log4j.jar from shared/lib and put it on each webApp WEB-INF/lib dir.

Log4j works great now, and one of the WebApps also runs fine. But the other can not find any of the classes of the jars that remain in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib

I had to put ALL the jars of shared/lib in this WebApp WEB-INF/lib/ dir to make it work.

Any suggestions to try to find why this is happening?

OS: Debian 3.0
Tomcat: 5.0.28
JDK: 1.4.2_09

Thanks