To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 7:04 PM
Subject: New Tomcat install problem

Hi all,
I've only just subscribed to the list to see if anyone may be able to assist with a 'blank page' problem. Research on Google, nor the various resources on the web or Tomcat site have assisted, so I thought I'd better consult the experts here to see if they can help. To outline what's installed for better assistance, here's some info on what's on my system:

Mac OSX 10.4.3 'client'
Apache 2.0.54
Tomcat 5.5.9

I am running Tenon's iTools package & the Tomcat module is installed as part of that.
If I click the 'restart server' button in iTools, I get this:

Restarting Tomcat Engine. Click Server Status to refresh Tomcat status. Using CATALINA_BASE: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat Using CATALINA_HOME: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat/temp Using JRE_HOME: /usr/ Created MBeanServer with ID: f1cbf6:107aafaf803:-8000:server.heard.com.au:1 Using CATALINA_BASE: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat Using CATALINA_HOME: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Library/Tenon/Tomcat/temp Using JRE_HOME: /usr/

Tenon seem to think it's something to do with a Java version or some file, but I don't know where to start looking. If I hit the default page on port 8080, I get a blank page & also if I try the admin page, same thing. Research seems to indicate it's a Java version issue, but I really have no idea where to start. Can anyone help here please?
--

hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd, Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400