> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.0.28 : mime type
>
> You shouldn't have to add any mapping for msword (.doc) files
> - that's already in conf/web.xml as downloaded.  I added this
> for .xls:
>
>     <mime-mapping>
>         <extension>xls</extension>
>         <mime-type>application/msexcel</mime-type>
>     </mime-mapping>

Oops.  According to http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/, this
should really be:

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xls</extension>
        <mime-type>application/vnd.ms-excel</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

Sorry for any confusion.  IE and Firefox don't seem to care.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.