Hi,

  I dont know about your environment. But I know few things about push that I
would like to share.

  I researched "push" a while ago. Basically I was looking for server push. HTTP
is not push enabled protocol. So the answer is you can not push from server to
client using HTTP. Client has to poll server. (may be in low priority thread).

  J2ME (MIDP 2.0) has push capabalities. I am not sure whether all phones
supports it the way it is written. :)

  You might want to take a look at "pushlet" (http://www.pushlets.com/) which
may
help you get going quickly.