----- Original Message -----
From: "Duan, Nick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 7:30 PM
Subject: RE: heap size problems (speed) [2]

> Were you using the right JVM?  There were two JDK download for LINUX
on
> Sun's web site.

I have downloaded : J2SE(TM) Development Kit 5.0 Update 5
Linux self extracting file (although I think I should have get the rpm).

I've extrated it in a separate directory and set JAVA_HOME in tomcat to
point to that dir.

Does it make any difference other than the fact that this way it is not
rpm compliant?

> The main problem may be your AMD Duron processor which has a very
small
> cache size (I believe it's about 512K).  Once the processor cache
> reaches its limit, increasing the JVM heap size won't be very
effective.

This is even worse for my AMD Duron
cache size      : 64 KB

but on the other machine I have :