> From: N S, Shridhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: How to set the admin console for 5.5.x
>
> I had followed all these steps, except that the "admin"
> folder under ROOT was missing! Since, this is not documented
> in Tomcat documents, thought of sharing the exact steps.

An interesting theory, but it's not correct.  The webapps/ROOT/admin
directory contains only the dummy admin page that says the admin app
must be separately downloaded and installed.  This directory can be
completely removed with no ill effects (I've just tried it).  I suspect
that the real problem may have been that during your experimentation you
put the index.html file from webapps/ROOT/admin into
server/webapps/admin; when I did that, I got the same symptoms you did.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.