Thank you for your response.

The odd thing is that I am dealing with pages generated by Tapestry that
normally take around 5ms and in the worst cases I have seen 300ms. My manual
response time shouldn't be an issue as the browser doesn't have a JSESSION
cookie currently, so a new session will be created at some point.

I basicly have a classic form based login form, and when I submit the form I
get a 408 status.

Are you saying that 408 is caused by the POST submit being broken into
multiple packets and the time between them are beyond a certain httpd
threshold; And that is the only situation where a 408 is returned.

As I understand it what you are referring to is internal http protocol
handling in httpd. Since the error message is created by Tomcat, I would
expect it to reflect Tomcat http protocol handling.

Henrik

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]