"Chris Lear" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>* Jess Holle wrote (02/12/05 13:53):
>> I have some vague recollection that performance of mod_proxy_ajp tested
>> just /slightly /better than mod_jk.
>
> But where is the information on this?

You can search the [EMAIL PROTECTED] archives (where I vaguely remember this),
but
I haven't seen any recent benchmark data on either the [EMAIL PROTECTED] or the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] lists.

> I joined this list a few days ago after Googling like crazy for
> information on the most sensible and supported way to connect apache to
> tomcat (or whether to drop it and just use the http connector). In the
> end, I'm using mod_jk, because I couldn't find *anything* helpful on the
> web about configuring or using mod_proxy_ajp, apart from some
> theoretical examples that tended to be incompatibile with one another.

It's integrated into mod_proxy, so you use the same directives that you
would use for mod_proxy.  e.g.

# Forward all to myapp
ProxyPass /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp

# Alt Forward all to myapp
<Location /myapp>
ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/myapp
</Location>

# Forward all JSP files
RewriteRule (.*)\.jsp$ ajp://localhost:8009/$1.jsp [P]